The product is couple steps up from Yahoo and Google groups, as neither of those provide ways to keep track of the tasks (the most important thing in running a project) Google may have one up its sleeve with their acquisition of JotSpot (is that thing still alive? it has been almost 6 month!), but I prefer an independent vendor that is motivated to make things work right and will not subject my data to any kinds of advertising analysis.
- Very user friendly interface, lots of
(in-place editing, etc) Ajax
- Feature-rich (tasks, documents & discussions, calendaring, database, common project area)
- Good collaboration functionality (notifications, document revisions)
- Good outward integration (ical for the calendar, RSS feeds)
- I can find very few cons with the system as it stands right now.. Little (but never the less, important) things on my wish list are:
- add Roles to the system so I don't have to reassign all the tasks every time somebody on the project leaves or if there are several people who could tackle the same task.
- Project Management features like time estimation, resource leveling, dependencies are what I think is the natural next step in the product evolution.
Despite a few drawbacks, this is the only product on the market that I found so far that provides this level of functionality for the price. Their pricing I think is fair ranging from Free for small projects to $249/mo for a 100 person team.
I think it deserves 4.5 stars! www.CentralDesktop.com